Do you have some ideas you could put in practice?
Now, the serious part….
Although I like to have fun when talking sex I would fail you all if I didn’t also get real with you – sexting does not come without repercussions, you need to take care.
When I started research facts about sexting, the majority of the articles that came up were aimed at parents, of children as young as 13, receiving sexual explicit texts, images and video and how to deal with that. Sexting can be fun, but let’s be serious about it for one minute, and realise that like all things sexual, there are people who take it too far, that are not educated enough to understand it or how to deal with it.
Sexts can outlast your relationships! You need to completely trust the discretion and privacy of the person you are sending them too.
I spoke to Carol Graham, founder of the North Hampshire Clinic, and she shared her top tips on being a ‘safe and sexy sexter’:
- Make sure you and anyone you are sexting are over 18.
- Be sure who you are sending your saucy sexts to and think about the level of genuine respect they might have for your privacy, trust and reputation. Remember, you may be in love now, but will they still have the same regard for you if you should split in the future.
- Send then delete. If you’re sending or receiving racy notes or photos, delete them straight after you’ve sent/received them and maybe ask your partner to do the same. A lost or stolen mobile phone could mean that your stolen pics are uploaded in a heartbeat. There is also the other horrible possibility of your kids innocently flipping through your texts or photos!
- Lose your head! If you are hell-bent on sending the picture that leaves nothing to the imagination and you can’t guarantee it’s safe-keeping, neck down may be best.
- If you’re dating, keep expectations based on Sexting in check. Getting hot by text doesn’t mean you’ll get hot in person. Don’t over sell or over promise, you may want to get to know your new hottie better outside the bedroom, before you promise too much too soon.
- No false advertising, your lies will find you out! Online daters are all too familiar with dates that show up looking 20 years older than their picture. If you are serious about forming a genuine relationship, be as genuine as you want your partner to be. Don’t talk about your yacht, your virginity or your massive manhood if it doesn’t really exist.
Now you have all of this juicy information…. Are you a sexter? Will you give it a try? Let me know, share your thoughts with me on Facebook or drop me an email!